Monday, July 5, 2010

The 4th of July

Yesterday was fun. Monster and Itty Bitty stayed with a sitter and me, Princess, Monkey Man, my niece and my friend and her daughter headed to down town to watch the fireworks. It was so crowded there so we hung back some so Monkey Man wouldn't get too overstimulated. The fireworks were beautiful until it started raining. The rain actually felt pretty good because it was so warm out last night. We started heading back as the rain started coming down a little harder. As we were going over the bridge, the rain started letting up and they were starting grand finale, so we hung out on the bridge and watched the last of the fireworks.
It was a nice night and the kids went to bed pretty quick after we got back home. I got next to no sleep before Monster and Itty Bitty got me up this morning but it was worth it.
Now today we are heading out to my parents house for a cook out and to light off some fire works. Hopefully we don't get rained out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment