Thursday, July 1, 2010

Typical

I know I should stop believing in my sister and take what she says with a grain of salt. But somewhere deep inside I am still hopeful that she will turn her life around and be a mom to Princess and Monster. She was supposed to visit again today and of course like always, she never showed up. It's just one excuse after another. It's been a week since she has seen them and will probably be atleast another week until she see's them again. I try my best to work with her schedule and let her see the children when she wants but I think I am just going to have to lay down some ground rules with her. Luckily I never tell Princess or Monster when their mom says she is going to visit because most of the time she doesn't show up and I don't want to make them feel as if they did something wrong to make her not want to visit that day.
We did have a great day though. We just stayed home all day and played. Auntie and cousin showed up and the kids had so much fun playing together. Monkey Man had a baseball game tonight. So me, Monkey Man and Princess went to the game, while the other two stayed home with a sitter (it was a late game and the little one's go to bed early). It was nice to spend some one on one time with Princess while we enjoyed the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment