Friday, July 30, 2010

Possibly getting closer to some permanancy

Well I talked to Princess and Monster's case worker yesterday and she basically told me that she was ready to start TPR on bio mom (my sister) but was waiting on the tribe (we are Native American) to come to a decision on what to do. The tribe doesn't like to TPR parents but will if it becomes necessary, which in this case it is pretty apparent that bio mom just isn't going to straighten up.
You know, she is my sister and I love her but I just wish she would straighten up and do what is best for the children. You think she would have learned her lesson when she got the oldest two children taken away and my parents were given guardianship back in 2004. Now 6 years later and she is still pulling the same shit. I just wish for once she would just do the right thing. I would love it if she would prove everyone wrong and maintain her sobriety, get the kids back, and actually be a parent to them. But I have finally come to the realization that it just isn't going to happen.
At this point I can only hope that everyone involved will act in the children's best interest. I don't see my sister straightening up so the next best thing is to do TPR and get the kids some permanancy. The kids have been back and forth between my sister and I since 2006 when Princess came to live with me when she was 9 months old. And Monster has never had a permanent place in his 2.5 years on this Earth. He has been shuffled here, there and everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment