Thursday, July 22, 2010

The here and now

The past week has again been crazy with trying to get things set up for Monster, trying to get Princess set up in school, and just trying to keep things together. I am feeling better about Monster's diagnosis and am ready to face the challenge of getting services for him head on. At the very least I can feel good about the fact that I have already been through all of this and know the ropes. Of course my advocate and the lady from the county have been out all week so I am just playing the waiting game at this point. I am so not a patient person and hate to have to wait. But at this point that is all I can do.
I also have scheduled an appointment to get Monkey Man screened for ADD/ADHD. His attention just isn't there. I started noticing soon after his autism diagnosis but he was still young and I figured I would give it some time. But now it is becoming obvious that he is going to have to be put on meds if we want to continue with progress. His inattention is vastly hindering him and I know how much meds helped me out when I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 9. Even Monkey Man's therapists agree that it would be beneficial for him so now it is just another waiting game, his appointment isn't until Sept. UGH!!! But I did call another place to see if they can get him in sooner but they haven't returned my call yet.
Other than that, the children have been good. Today was a little bad but only because we were stuck in the house because of the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment